Friday 17 November 2017

Lux Live 2017

LED Rope at Lux Live
We've just spent the past three days working at Lux Live 2017 at the eXcel centre in London. Lux Live is a two day exhibition of commercial lighting manufacturers and features a range of guest speakers and seminars too. We started early on Wednesday and worked through the day covering the show for the organisers providing both video and stills photography. Thursday was a very long day as we left the hotel at 6.30am and started work at 8am and finished at the exhibition at 4pm then went straight to the Intercontinental Hotel at Docklands to cover the awards evening too. We finally wrapped at 1am and arrived back at our hotel at 2am this morning.


Architectural wall lights
 Quite a couple of days but we got to meet lots of our valued customers in the lighting industry and we love working for Ray, Miriam and the team from Lux Live as they are lovely people to work with and we get looked after really well.

We arrived back at HQ in Bletchley at midday and spent the afternoon backing up the pictures and video files and issuing the pictures via Dropbox.

Winners!
I'm doing a charity shoot tomorrow for the Soldiers of Oxford museum in Woodstock near Oxford and I'm looking forward to looking around and photographing the displays. I'll post a few pictures on the blog as soon as I get them processed.

Chloe Pentax 67 120 Roll Film
Fallen down barn Polaroid
I love to buy vintage cameras and classic cameras and I picked up a bargain last week on eBay where I scooped a Polaroid SLR 680 instant camera from the late 1980's. I love shooting all kinds of film from 35mm with my Canon F1's and medium format with my Pentax 67 system and now I get to shoot instant Polaroid film too!. The Polaroid brand has just been relaunched and the film packs are readily available in Jessops and other camera retailers in colour and black and white. It's not cheap at £19 for 8 sheets of film but the results are good and the cost makes you think about making each picture count. The same can be said for the big Pentax 67 camera that I use as a roll of 120 film is £6.99 and it costs £6 to develop each roll too. The 67 format only gives 8 pictures per roll so again you have to be thoughtful and not waste the shots - good practice I think in the days of digital were many photographers shoot hundreds of pictures on each job.




No comments:

Post a Comment