Sunday 26 November 2017

Steelcase and Milwaukee

Last week was almost a record for Redshift in terms of work!. Toni my colleague photographed the Leeds Art Gallery, an office development called Thorpe Park in Yorkshire and also the Spire Hosptial in Nottingham. All three were interior shoots and then to round off her week Toni went to London on Friday to photograph a round table talk for Wildwood PR.
Blade product shot

Moody banner imge
Meanwhile I had a shoot for Steelcase at their showroom in Farringdon where I took some shots of their furniture, some pictures at an event and also some portraits of their guests which was great fun. I took over 30 portraits with my Godox two flash setup and left one camera there set up ready to shoot and used my second camera to photograph the event as it unfolded.

Range shot 
I had an early start on Thursday morning and caught the 7am train from Kings Cross to Newcastle for a two day shoot with Milwaukee Power Tools up on a site on the coast about an hour north of Newcastle. I love these shoots as we get through lots of different tools and the guys at Milwaukee are great to work with as I get a lot of creative license with the setups and lighting. Our model Stephen was cool to and easy to work with.

I shot some pictures directly into the bright winter sun using high speed flash with my Fuji and the results right out of the camera looked very moody as I overpowered the sun and filled in the model with the flash. This is a technique that I really enjoy using and the Godox flashes are great for this as they are light and portable with a compact rechargeable battery pack for each head making them easy to carry around on site. They also have enough power to overcome the sunlight when in HSS (high speed flash) mode when fired at 1/4000th of a second.
Hasselblad 500C

Even though I've spent most of my life in this business I still love cameras, particularly film cameras, and I added a Hasselblad 500C to my collection this week which I will be shooting with next week. It's a beautiful camera and I'm looking forward to running some Ilford FP-4 and HP-5 though it asap.

I still have my two Canon F1 cameras and some FD lenses too along with an EOS 50 which I bought from a junk shop with a lens for £12!. My Pentax 67 kit also gets used as much as possible and I've just acquired a Polaroid SLR 680 too which is great fun and the instant film packs are readily available again now.










No comments:

Post a Comment