Wednesday 10 January 2018

Bicester Scramble Car Meet

We are very luck to have had quite a few bookings for photography and video sincec we came back after the Christmas break so the new few weeks are looking very busy. I might have a couple of bookings for the drone too.

E Type Jaguar Rolleiflex T
In the meantime I've been out every day shooting medium format film with my Hasselblad 500C and Rolleiflex T cameras. I love Ilford HP5 Plus and FP4 for medium format and I process this at home. I don't have a full darkroom so develop the film using a darkbag to get it onto the spirals and then once the film is dry I photograph the negatives on a light box and use Photoshop to convert them to positive images. I find this to be a good compromise and a lot faster than using a flatbed scanner.

Porsche 911 Hasselblad 500C
I also have a Pentax 67 which I tend to use for studio work as it's so big and heavy but it is a lovely camera too. The Hasselblad is lovely but a little temperamental at times and occasionally jams and you have to remember to shoot it carefully and to follow a routine of winding on, darkslide out and firing the shutter without trying to remove the lens or back if the darkslide isn't in place and the shutter is wound on. Of them all the Rolleiflex is the easiest to use. It's light and easy to load and unload and the fixed 75mm Zeiss lens provides beautiful images.

I urge you all to shoot film. If you don't have a film camera you can still get bargains online (especially 35mm kit) but prices are on the increase as film makes a comeback.

I'm running another photography workshop in March (max 6 places) and I still have three places left so please get in touch if you would like to come along.



Jaguar XJ220 Rolleiflex T

Ferrari Dino Hasselblad 500C
The Bicester car scramble is a fab event which happens every 3 months at the very cool Bicester Heritage Aerodrome. It's only a few quid to get in and the cars on show are fab. There were literally hundreds of classic cars there and I took my own lovely Jaguar XJ6 along too. It's a great opportunity to photograph some very rare cars and there are plenty of great food and coffee stalls there too.

Here's a link to the website - http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/tickets/sunday-scramble-tickets/

No comments:

Post a Comment