Thursday 4 January 2018

Welcome back after Christmas!

Christmas flew past and here we are back at work again!.
We've already got a busy January with several booking in the diary and quite a few jobs about to be added too. A lot of our work comes in at the last minute but we have already got some dates in for February, March and April which is great news.

 We also had a busy December and I've included a couple of shots from one of my favourite shoots of the month - 111 Buckingham Palace Road in London. I photographed this same interior a few years ago and it was interesting to go back and photograph it again after an extensive refurbishment. The lighting has been very skillfully designed by Hoare Lea Lighting and the colour temperature over the escalators is a warm 3000K whilst the lighting in the main reception area is a cooler 4000K to accentuate the different areas.

I always think shots like these need a careful mix of balance and perspective. When we photography interiors we use tilt shift lenses to keep the walls of the buildings straight and vertical. I often see wide angle interior shots where the camera has been tilted up resulting in converging verticals which makes the space look distorted. I like to include blurred people movement too if at all possible to give a sense of scale to the interior and a human element to the pictures. It's a fact that we are all attracted to images that have people in rather than empty spaces.

It's time for me to power up the drone again too as I haven't flown it for a few weeks. We have a booking in February for aerial photography so I need to get all the firmware updated and spend a couple of days taking some new portfolio shots. We have had a steadily increasing demand for the drone which is great news as I haven't really promoted that heavily.


No comments:

Post a Comment